Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Spider

 The Spider
I look up to a corner,
And what might I see,
But a round little spider, 
Staring at me!
I got my shoe ready and took a whack, 
But that darned spider fell down my back!
I squirmed and I wiggled,
I jumped and I screamed,
My, this was worse than any nightmare I've dreamed!
The spider fell out, and onto the floor,
At last I thought he was no more,
But that spider got up!
He stood up proud,
He talked wise words, clear and loud:
I am sorry about staring,
I know that it's rude,
But the way that you smush us is very crude.
I want you to stop it, 
We'll leave you alone,
Said the small little spider in serious tone,
So I got up and agreed,
Our battle was won,
And now was time for playing and fun!

1 comment:

  1. I loved the poem about the spider. Am working on a poem for your contest.

    ReplyDelete