Thursday, March 15, 2012

POETRY CONTEST!!!!!!!

I am hosting a poetry contest for those who wish to enter. It will start today and end on April 1st. ( No joke. ) The poem that I find the best will be posted on Think a Thought. The poems will be judged on originality. Here are the rules:
1. Must be original, no copying allowed.
2. The poem can be any length, but PLEASE try to be realistic.
3. Any topic, but anything inappropriate will be removed and taken out of the contest.
4. All entries must be posted in the comments for this post by April 1st.

Please try to keep to the rules. Everyone is allowed to put in poetry. Everything must be put in by April 1st. Any late poems will not be accepted. Thank You! Good luck to everyone!
Maddie

2 comments:

  1. Title: GOOD MORNING KISSES

    Good Morning kisses on Mommy's lap,
    The start to a beautiful day,
    Running towards me, jumping on my knee,
    Nothing could get in your way.

    Warm care bear hugs, your arms around me,
    A treat each morning I'll treasure,
    Daddy right there, each with so much love to share,
    Who could ask for so much pleasure.

    Good Morning, Good Morning, Miss Madison,
    Come give Mommy a hug and a kiss,
    I love you, I love you....with all of my heart,
    Those Good Morning kisses I miss.

    My beautiful girl, still Mommy's baby,
    In my heart always and forever,
    Morning or night, dark or daylight,
    Always and forever....TOGETHER.

    I LOVE YOU, MY BEAUTIFUL GIRL. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Treasures In My Mind

    Some men live life for money, and some quest after gold.
    What's treasure to a young man, may not be when he's old.

    In my twenties,I chased the dollar, real estate and gold.
    In my thirties, it was stocks and bonds that I brought into the fold.

    Now that I am older, it is memories I cherish.
    Since they are the only thing that go with you when you perish.

    So I hoard memories like a miser, and get more every day.
    The treasure that is in my mind, makes life richer in every way.

    Some men die with lots of money, and some with none at all.
    It doesn't really matter, when Abaddon comes to call.

    So I'll fill my head with memories, of happiness, life and love,
    Because the treasures in my mind, are the only allowed above.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete