Monday, October 31, 2011

Poetry ( Reader's Request )

This request comes from Ms. Michelle, asking if I write poetry. Yes, I do write poetry. It's funny you should ask, because the think a thought after this one ( which I started before I got the request ) was going to have a poem in it anyway. Here are some poems about things I have been thinking about, or just popped into my head.

Ode to Lucky

Lucky, Lucky, my dog of chance,
You were the one that did not prance,
I held you last but chose you first,
My choice was for better and not for the worst.
At first you were tired and lonesome too,
I was about to give up on you,
But something happened overnight,
The next day you were alright!
You started to play and run around,
And that was when my love unbound,
You retrieved my lonely heart,
And I will love you till we part.

Ode to Barkley

Barkley, Barkley, you were a brave dog,
Fun-loving and sweet,
What could go wrong?
I was just 3, and you were 11,
And by the time I was 4,
 You'd be in heaven,
Bone cancer came and stole you away,
The sun did not shine bright that day,
But I'll always remember you as you are,
A dog of great honor, you shine like a star.



No comments:

Post a Comment