Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Allergies

Yesterday I went for my allergy test. I was very scared. I went in to a doctor's room, and the allergist asked me some questions. I asked her if the test would hurt, and she said no. I was stupid to believe that. I should have listened when my friend told me it would hurt. I should have refused to go to the appointment. I should have known it was going to hurt.

Imagine sticking a pin partway into your skin and pulling up and out. That is what the test felt like. Not only did it hurt, I still have the writing on my back. Here are the things I am allergic to: Cats, dogs, tree pollen, flower pollen, dust mites, ragweed, mold, and moss. No food allergies, but I was very upset about quite a few things. My sister, who also got the test, was allergic to: Cats, dogs, and eggs. That was when I broke down.

I started crying when I heard my sister was allergic to Lucky. I hid behind a doctor's curtain and refused to come out, partly because of embarrassment, but mostly because I could not control myself. I started crying. I thought we would have to get rid of Lucky, the best dog- and the only dog- I have ever had. Then, when I found out that I was allergic to trees, I thought I would spend my life inside. I was very sad. I was so sad I didn't hear the doctor's speech. I was just getting an air conditioner. I was relieved.

So, there was your warning- I mean write up, on my trip to the allergist.
Til the next,
Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment