Friday, October 21, 2011

A Few Ways To Calm Your Self

Have you ever had one of those moments when you just feel like exploding? This feeling is usually caused by stress. When I get that feeling, usually a few deep breaths works. But sometimes, you still feel like exploding. Here are a few tricks that I have used in the past to help myself calm down. I hope you find them useful.

1: The Free fall relief

When the deep breathing doesn't work, I close my eyes and picture my self falling through a perfect blue sky. At the moment I am about to hit earth, I am caught and float along into my perfect fantasy ... first, drifting under a lake and being able to breathe, then, soaring deep into a hidden grove in the woods, were a comfortable gazebo awaits. Everyone's fantasy is different, so make up a different one each time you use this technique.


2: The Pillow

Whenever I get very mad, I will find a pillow and punch it with all my might. By the time I am done, I have calmed myself down and feel limp, and usually lie down. ( A glass of water is recommended after doing this, and some food helps too. You have just worn out your muscles, and need to strengthen them. )

If neither of these tricks work, just find a quiet place to relax and think happy thoughts. Usually, the deep breathing works out fine, and you don't need these tips. But occasionally, deep breaths don't cut it, and you wonder what to do next. Now you have a few ways to go if breathing fails, and somewhere to go when you feel down.

Next Post!

No comments:

Post a Comment