Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Soda Can (or bottle in our case) Cupcakes!

Today, my sister and I decided to try making something we saw on the internet- soda can cupcakes! I was shocked that there were only TWO ingredients: cake mix (whatever flavor/brand) and any type of soda! I decided that I also needed to spend a little more time with my sister than I have been doing, so I invited her to help me and together we made the soda can cupcakes.

Prep is pretty simple- just whisk together the soda and the mix and then scoop into cupcake pans. Cook for 25 minutes on 350 and then enjoy! My sister and I used Pilsbury Butter Cake mix and Diet Pepsi as the soda. We also made Hershey's chocolate frosting to ice them with- and the frosting itself took longer to make than the cupcakes! Now we are just waiting for the cupcakes to cool so we can decorate them.

I'll update this post with pictures of the decorated cupcakes later!

Maddie

P.S. The cupcakes themselves turned out VERY well.

2 comments:

  1. Your cupcakes look great and sound delicious! I wonder how a white cake with a citrusy soda like Fresca or 7 Up would taste.
    Love you!
    Aunt Michelle

    ReplyDelete