Saturday, July 5, 2014

Anime

This summer, I have been looking for interesting things to do and listed in one of the newspapers was an "Anime Club". I had no idea what anime was, so I googled it. It turns out it is a Japanese style of drawing, usually either hand drawn or computer animated. The pictures are almost always cheerful and very colorful. I love it- especially how the eyes on many of the drawings are done.

Anime was created at the start of the 20th century when Japanese film makers were experimenting with different animation styles and the style stuck. Currently, anime is used in pop culture, TV shows, and also video games. Many RPG pixel horror games are based around anime such as:

  • Mad Father
  • Paranoiac
  • Corpse Party
  • Ib
  • The Witch's House
  • Misao
And many others... I like the style of drawing and actually have a friend who can draw anime very well. There are also dolls and other merchandise based around anime- some of which cost millions of dollars! Wow.  Let me know in the comments if you like anime, or if you can draw it! 

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment