Monday, July 14, 2014

Crazy Children Toys

Today, my family and I took a trip to Walmart. My sister automatically opted to check out the toy section, and I said I would take her there while my grandma shopped for other things. So we get to the toy isle, and naturally my sister heads for the dolls. Keeping a watchful eye on her as there were other people in the isle, I noticed her looking at a baby doll and repeatedly reaching through a small hole in the box. I walked over to see what interested her, and it turned out that it was a potty training doll with a small toilet- complete with faux poop and pee for the flushing. And yes, you guessed it- my sister was sticking her hand directly into the throne.

As if one poop themed toy wasn't enough, we found TWO more further down the doll isle- one a "Barbie training Kelly" set and the other advertising a fake dog that pooped glitter. YUCK! Who would even buy this for their kids?! Who wants a kid to be playing with something that ON THE BOX, as the main advertisement says: I POOP GLITTER over a few glittering white nuggets!? I can see how this may seem funny to some, but in my opinion companies and toy manufacturers are pushing the line between funny and disgusting- and it's a VERY, VERY fine line.

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment