Wednesday, July 30, 2014

An Interview with my sister on homeschooling

Previously, I have blogged about how I feel about homeschooling- but that's just my opinion. I love it- today I interview my sister to see what she thinks about her homeschooling.

What are you learning from homeschooling?
I am learning how to use the computer, and how to spell and write. I can spell my name and 20-30 other words! I'm also learning home economics and basic math.

Do you like your teacher(s)?
Yes! (More like exaggerated nodding, but if I put in everything she does/says, this interview would go on forever!)

What do you think going to school would be like after being homeschooled?
Well, doing all the kind of things you need to do, and you need to focus and do what the teacher says to you and you do it... and thats all I can remember.

Finally, do you think you are learning more from homeschooling than you would IF you were in school?
No... I don't think so. (Me: Why not?) Because I don't think I am old enough for public school. (???) 

In any case, that concludes my interview with my sister! Despite what she said at the end, you really can benefit from homeschooling. I'm 12 and I tested out at above 12th grade level for math and reading in the state tests this year, and I hope that my sister follows in my footsteps.

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment