Friday, July 11, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have not posted a recipe or anything about baking in a while, so I have decided to give my readers my chocolate chip cookie recipe. Chocolate chip cookies are my FAVORITE thing to make- they are simple, yet still delicious. I love this recipe because the cookies always turn out not too crispy, and not too soft either. It is from the Joy of Cooking. Here it is:

You Will Need:
1 cup 2 tbsp of flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
8 tbsp (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 light brown sugar (packed)
1 large egg
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 bag chocolate chips (the recipe calls only for a cup, but I find the "chocolate to dough" ratio is more even with a full bag. Besides, the cookies come out better AND- what's wrong with a little extra chocolate? ;) )

Prep:
Heat the oven to 375. Grease cookie sheets. Whisk together in a medium sized bowl your flour and baking soda. Set aside. Beat on medium speed until fully mixed the butter and the 2 sugars (in a large bowl, NOT the one with the flour in it). Once this is mixed, add your egg, salt and vanilla to the mix. Whisk again. Finally, add in your chocolate chips (don't forget to keep aside a few to taste!). At this point your can either hand mix the chips into the batter or use your mixer. I do both sometimes, but I have found stirring the chips myself is more effective.

Scoop small balls of dough onto the sheets, spacing them an inch to two inches apart. Bake them for about 10 minutes (8 depending on your oven) and let them cool for 15 minutes. Once cool, eat with a glass of cold milk and enjoy!

Try out the recipe and tell me in the comments how it turned out! Also, leave me YOUR recipes, and I will try them out!

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment