Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Summer..?

I am pretty excited- summer is almost here! I think that a lot of kids my age look forward to summer too, but the main reason is not the same. I like summer because I get to go swimming, I can hang out with my friends during the week (so long as I get my work done) and my family does activities such as fishing, canoeing, and hiking. While I am sure that these are all things other kids think of and relate to summer, I would think that the main thing is getting a few months off from school.

Being homeschooled, I don't get the summer off- I work right through. I think that if I actually did get the summer off one time, I honestly wouldn't know what to do with myself! I'm so used to doing schoolwork that to have 2 months off would- well, bore me. While I may not LIKE some areas of my schooling, it does keep me occupied and somewhat interests me. Often, summer is normal days of work with swimming added in for me.

But for many other kids, summer is a time to hang with friends, swim, and go on fun family vacations. Whatever you are doing for summer, I hope you have fun! Leave me a comment telling me what you're doing! I plan on doing all of what I have mentioned above and climbing Mt. Monadnock with my Dad.

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment