Friday, August 3, 2012

80 Days

Has anyone checked out my newest blog, Around The World In 80 Days? Based on the book, AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS, this blog is my internet exploration of the world. Every day I travel to a new place. Recently, I visited Egypt. Here is a part of my blog from Egypt:


Hello Egypt! I have found many interesting places to visit, including my first stop: Pompey's Pillar.  Often mistaken for a memorial to someone, this is actually a remaining piece from an old worshipping temple, taken down by the Christians when Paganism was driven out. Only one pillar was left standing, and the catacombs underneath were left in decent shape. Once I found out that they gave tours, I was all over it.


I decided I would go to a museum and do some research on Alexandria. Not only did the museum house over 1000 beautiful Egyptian artifacts, it gave me just the things I wanted to know. Alexandria was founded in 331 B.C. by Alexander the Great (hence the name). It's most famous attraction, Lighthouse of Pharos, was one of the original 7 wonders of the world.



My rule is only to go 1000 miles a day. I must find history and different things to do in each place. It is a very fun project for me. I hope you will check it out and follow my blog. It teaches you good world facts and is a fun read.

No comments:

Post a Comment