Thursday, June 21, 2012

Poetry

It's hot outside,
In the summer sun,
Where kids are playing,
Having fun,
Swimming into waters deep,
Catching up on all lost sleep,
If all else fails then go and play,
The school year ended yesterday,
So now the fun begins at last,
And all the homework is held fast,
'Cause even though you worked all day,
Summer is a time to play!

My Lucky is a mooch,
And begs for things all day,
But there's one thing he loves the most,
A treat for after play,
My Lucky likes potato chips,
But not just any kind-
The ones with salt and vinegar are what are on his mind.
I grab a handful from the bag and drop some on the floor,
But when I turn to pick them up,
They're gone and are no more,
A vacuum's favorite helper,
Is what he's meant to be,
  But you'd better have potato chips,
Or Lucky you won't see.

Some people think its boring,
Some people think its fun,
If you go there when it's quiet,
Then you're the only one.
It's noisy when it's busy,
and after lunch it's packed,
When people throw a picnic here,
It becomes ransacked.
This catastrophic mayhem,
This place you'd hate to be,
It's called a recess playground,
Where the kids can all run free.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Madison,
    I was just catching up on your think a thoughts. I love, love, love the new format! It is so much easier for me to read. I have a requestfor you. I would like to read about a science experiment you have done or are doing.
    Aunt Michelle

    ReplyDelete