Monday, April 9, 2012

Think a Thought Delays

I am sorry about the delay in Think a Thought. A death occurred in the family, and I had a lot to do in the past 2 weeks. The funeral and wake took up the weekend, and I had a lot going on. NJ trips are usually relaxing and not stressful, but the death of my beloved Grandpa was tragic. On Sunday, the wake was held. Hundreds of people showed up to pay their last respects. Some I knew, but 3/4 were strangers. I was amazed.

Monday: The funeral. It was held at a small church, St. Mary's Chapel. Not as many people showed, but still, a lot came. I spoke a line from Job, and my aunt did a wonderful eulogy. Then, I got to ride in a limousine with my two great aunts, aunt, and grandma to go to the cemetery. After that was an after-ceremony at my aunt's house.

The rest of the week was pretty good. I went to the beach and collected tons of crab claws. I went shopping a couple of times for an Easter outfit. Lucky had a great time on THREE puppy playdates. Easter was very good as well. I had a great time in NJ this trip, but there have been better visits. Funerals and wakes do not add to a relaxation visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment