Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Part 2

Anyway, as I promised the poem will be posted in a Think A Thought. So here is The Treasure in My Mind, by Mr. Wayne.

The Treasure In My Mind

Some men live life for money, and some quest after gold.
What's treasure to a young man, may not be when he's old.

In my twenties,I chased the dollar, real estate and gold.
In my thirties, it was stocks and bonds that I brought into the fold.

Now that I am older, it is memories I cherish.
Since they are the only thing that go with you when you perish.

So I hoard memories like a miser, and get more every day.
The treasure that is in my mind, makes life richer in every way.

Some men die with lots of money, and some with none at all.
It doesn't really matter, when Abaddon comes to call.

So I'll fill my head with memories, of happiness, life and love,
Because the treasures in my mind, are the only allowed above.

This poem is what I deem worthy enough to be put on  a Think a Thought. I am honored that such a dedicated poet took time to enter my simple and lowly contest. THANK YOU, MR. WAYNE!!!!!

1 comment: