Monday, November 14, 2011

The Karate Tournament

I had a karate tournament this Sunday. It was held at The Franklin Pierce College up here in New Hampshire, at it's usual early annoying time: 10:00 a.m. At least we were right close to it, so we did not have to get up until 8:00.

This tournament was the most important one of the year. It is called The Grand Championships. You can only go if you are invited. I was invited in four events: Sparring, Synchronized Forms, Forms, and Weapons. In sparring, I was awarded second place. In synchronized forms, me and my partner won third place. I was second place in weapons, and fourth in forms.

Dad says that he was upset I didn't get first weapons, because he thought I did better than the kid I was up against who bumped his bow against his leg. My main competition dropped his bow, but I only got second anyway. Dad did not really care on my forms, he thought I did only okay on that. My synchronized was good, but I was a little disappointed because me and my partner's form looked like the best one there.

Sparring was going good until I went up against one of my best friends. She has a lot of height on me, so it was hard for me to beat her. I did not. I was glad she got first though. If there was anyone else in that division who I would have wanted to win more than me, it would be her.

I had a great time hanging out with my friends in between events, and once I even played a mini game of soccer with a roll of tape someone had on the sidelines. One of my friends was running the concession stand, so I helped her for awhile, both with running it and buying goods.

Even though I did not get a first place trophy ( which, by the way, were 6 footers ), I still think I was successful. I will continue to compete in karate tournaments till they run them down or I die, which ever comes first.

Til' the next,
Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment