Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Honor

Ok, so I bluffed the other one. My reader asked for a thought on honor, not on honesty. My mistake. Now I will do one one on honor.

To have honor, in my books, is to try to keep to your word. To me, if you try your hardest at whatever you are doing, and if you actually do try, it should not matter if you get it done quickly. Lying is not good to do. It shows lack of honor, and also lack of smarts. When you cheat in doing things, it is no honor too.

Honor cannot be bought; it must be earned. Even when times are the toughest, and it seems like you have to be dishonorable, you can always work through it. Dictionary.com defines honor as: Honesty, fairness, or integrity in one's beliefs and actions.

We all live by a code of honor. Mine is to try to never lie, and not take the easy way around things if it means breaking a promise. Keeping an important secret for my friend is something that not everyone can do. I have trouble keeping secrets. Keeping secrets shows honor to the person you are keeping it for. Keeping bad secrets, however, is not ok.

Next week,
Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment