Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Blackout

Last night, as I was writing my Think A Thought, the power WENT OUT! I was afraid at first. Then Dad came downstairs ( he had been putting you-know-who to bed) and was stumbling around looking for matches. Soon we had a few candles going, and I found a flashlight. Finally, we decided to go up to bed. 15 minutes later, the power comes on.

With our luck, all the downstairs lights were on. Dad went down to get the lights, and I followed. Black outs are scary at first, but then they are cool. You get to sit in the dark with candles and flashlights and chill. I was going to write about my trip to NJ coming up later today, but the lights out gave me a whole new topic.

I will be out of state for the week, so there will be no think a thought the rest of the week. I don't want my followers coming on and finding nothing to read. The blackout is the second one this year. Back in NJ, once a month was the basis for blackouts. Up here, it is rare if you get 5 in a year.

Next Week,
Maddie

1 comment:

  1. I would like to know your opinion on why having a sense of honor is important. I read your last piece on honor. Now I would like to see further thoughts. I would also like you to mention the code of honor you try to live by and why.

    ReplyDelete