Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Lucky, My 8 Month Old Puppy

' That dog has no talent! '  Well, that is what my dad thinks anyway. Lucky is actually a very well behaved and talented dog. From 2 months old he was dragged away from his family, and brought home to be trained like a drill sergeant by me. By 7 months, he could flip a biscuit off his nose and catch it. So dad, don't tell me Lucky has no talent. My dad complains that when he tosses him food, the food goes to the floor instead of in his mouth. I must say, he is right about that. Lucky cannot catch food to save his life. My dad also complains about Lucky's little incidents on the rug .... resulting in a very sad puppy. Ok, so by now you probably picture my dad as a cranky old man, beating a dog with a walking stick. No. Wrong. I myself get annoyed at Lucky too. Here are just a few of his bad habits:
    1.  Dragging dog toys in from the neighbors.
    2. Peeing in the house.
    3. Mooching. ( as in begging for food.)
  Ok. So now do you picture dad as a grump? No. Do you picture Lucky as an angel? No. Lucky does have some good points though. He lets me use him as a pillow, he lies on my feet as a foot warmer, and ... and ... well that's about it. But hey, it's better than when he first came home. Now THAT was torture. All he did was eat, poop, sleep, eat. Nothing playful about him. Now I am happy, because after a few days, he perked up, but if he had stayed as a lump, he would have been gone. Out the door. New owner. Thank goodness he picked up the pace. So there is Lucky's partial story. As he gets older, I will put up more posts about him, but for now...


Cya in the next post!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment