Friday, January 9, 2015

Poetry

Don't        

Don't ask me to explain
I can't
And even if I could,
what makes you think I'd tell you?
Don't tell me that I can
that you'll accept me as I am
because even if you could,
what makes you think I'd tell you?
Don't try to talk me down
from the ledge I've put myself on
even if you could,
what makes you think I'd listen to you?
Don't try to surround me with lies
I see through them
and even if I couldn't
I still wouldn't like you
Don't give me false promises
I've had enough of them
and even if I hadn't
who wants them to begin with?
Don't try to bring down my defenses
they're up for good
and even if you think they crumble
they're still stronger than ever
Don't try to talk to me anymore
I know you're gone
and even if you weren't
I may not want to
Don't say you'll try
Because all you ever do is give up
and even if you did try
Your efforts would fail.        

No comments:

Post a Comment