Thursday, June 19, 2014

Mug Cake

This week, I tried out a new and very simple dessert recipe- Nutella Mug Cake. It's a basic cake that only takes about 5 minutes to make (yes, including bake time!) and is made in the microwave. I gave it a shot, and while I was doubtful about the results, it turned out WAY better than expected. The ingredients needed are below.

4 tablespoons self-rising flour
4 tablespoons sugar
1 egg
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 tablespoons Nutella
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil

Prep:
Very basic- combine everything in a large mug. Make sure that you stir well (I suggest using a fork) and break up all the lumps in your batter. Then, put your cake in the microwave for 2 minutes. WATCH IT- the cake rises up very quickly. Depending on your microwave, you may have to open the door to let the cake collapse a bit so it doesn't make a mess of the inside of your microwave. If it isn't baked all the way through, just keep adding minutes until it is done.

I hope you enjoy this cake- I love it. It is a quick fix if you feel hungry in the middle of the night and in my opinion tastes like a brownie. Leave me a comment if you tried it!!!

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment