Monday, March 25, 2013

Recipes from the Family- Dad

Today I am going to interview Dad and find out what his favorite recipe is! I will then post it up. (Remember, * means a cooking tip.)

Dad's favorite recipe is his one for Spared Ribs! Let's see about that recipe:

You Will Need:
2 1/2 lbs of pork or beef spare ribs (frozen)
1 1/2 cups water
18 oz Kraft Mesquite Barbecue Sauce
1/2 a large onion

Prep:
First, chop up your half an onion into small pieces. Then, put your water into a crock pot. Put half of your ribs in. Cover those ribs with bbq sauce, making sure to keep at least half of your sauce for the top. Sprinkle half of your onions on top of this layer. Add your second half of ribs. Sprinkle the remaining onions on top of this layer, and cover thoroughly with the remaining bbq sauce. *To ensure you do not waste any sauce, put a little water in your bbq sauce bottle when you are done, shake it up, and dump the remainder to the side of the ribs.*

Cook on High for 5-6 hours, and then turn your crock pot's settings to low for an additional 2 hours. Serve with cornbread, (or for all you healthy folk) a salad.
Serves 3-5, Copyright 2013, Wayne Nef

Ok, I know that this recipe is short. I am just very excited because my Sims 2 game came in the mail today and Dad says I have to be all done with my work to go get it. It will take me about 2 more hours to finish my work, so I will get my game soon. AWESOME!!!
Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment