Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Coursera Week 1 Progress

Just in case you didn't read the comment of my other post, I decided to do a post on my courses. I am learning songwriting, and it is pretty good. My teacher is very dramatic and interesting. His stories seem pointless at first, and in the end they teach you something you could have learned if he said it straight out. I have learned how to arrange a song, and the meanings of the bridge, pre-chorus, chorus, and verses. These are the parts of a song:

Bridge- Holds together the entire song
Chorus- A chorus is the repetitive part of a song, and states the central idea of the song.
Verses- A verse is the most important part of a song. Without verses, you would not have a song. They describe the song.
Pre-Chorus- The pre-chorus is a lot like a bridge. It is the piece of the song that connects the chorus to the verse.

This is my teacher, Pat Pattinson. He is a professor at the Berklee School of Music. He puts up pre-recorded lessons on Coursera. The projects aren't that hard to do, and the quizzes are a breeze. The worst I have done on one so far is get only 50%.... AND IT WAS ON IDENTIFYING PARTS OF A SONG!!!!

I am almost done with week 1 out of 6. My course started on the 1st of March, and will end on the 12th of April. If I do good on my assignments, I get a signed certificate from Berklee School of Music!!! Wish me luck!!!

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment