Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Coursera- Week 3

That's right- I am on week 3 of songwriting! My homework last week was to write a song- 1 verse and 1 chorus- and I did!! It was a lot of fun to do, and this week I get to start a new song! My song is called The Belt, and it is all about training in the martial arts. There are going to be 3 verses in my song- past, present, and future. Here is what I have of it right now:

The Belt

There was a time when I was 3,
And played with lots of energy,
Fun and games was all I knew,
Little Dragons pulled me through,
The games were fun and meant to train,
But in time got kind of plain,
I was young yet promoted fast, and went from games to the older kids class.

Kick, Kick, Punch, Punch,
Push up, Push up, Crunch, Crunch,
Kicking High, Hitting Low,
Train to make the perfect blow,
Know your body, know your mind,
Leave your worries far behind.

Copyright 2013, Madison Nef

Well, what did you think of my song? I admit, I did have some help from my Dad, but a lot of it was me. I think it is pretty good- I will tell you what my peers gave me as a grade on Thursday. I have graded the student's papers now, so I am just waiting and continuing my lectures and quizzes.  

Ok, well I am going to end my blog post here because I still have my mineral to do, plus my coursera, plus my math lectures. And my mineral has to be done in about 20 minutes.... Tick Tock, Tick Tock.....

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment