Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Food for Thought

Dad gave me this exercise as a schoolwork project, but I nonetheless found it very interesting. So I am going to share it with you. You can give it a try if you'd like.

If you were somebody else, would you want to be friends with you?

What makes a good friend? Think of your friends. What are their strong points? What are they lacking? What would make them the perfect friend? Now, think about yourself. How many of your friends' strong points do you have...and do you also have the extra strong points you wished they had?


Now, how would you answer this question?  You may want to think about (as side issues) Does Dad attract the right kind of people into his life? Does Mom? What could they have done better to attract better people? What do they do wrong? Do I want to attract the same types of people into my life? If so, why? If not, why not? What type of people do I actually want to have in my life? Why? Do the people that I moon over actually fit the bill?


I think writing this down helps to some extent, but it is also fun to mull over the different questions. To me, the questions are very intriguing and helped me see myself a little better. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment