Wednesday, January 2, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

IT'S A NEW YEAR!! I can't believe how quick last year went! It seemed to just slip right by! So much is changing every day for me right now, and I hope this year will bring better fortune for my family then last year. My two resolutions were to eat healthier and improve myself in karate. I would love to be able to test for my second degree black belt this year or next. I decided that I would write a New Year poem.

New Year Changes
Last year was great, for most of us,
For others it was sad,
For many there were days of joy,
And many more to be had,
But how can we move on in life?
If we don't let go?
Last year is past,
That's why it's last,
Not forgotten, just moved on,
A new year's upon us!
With new challenges, and new things to learn,
And this year I will only yearn,
for happiness for my family,
for my Dad who helped me learn,
for my Grandma who is always there for me,
for my sister that means everything to me,
and for my dog, who I couldn't live without, 
there will be change, both good and bad,
and though some of it may be sad,
life goes on, and so do the years,
there is nothing to be done to stop it.

Happy New year everyone. I am very sad right now because one of the unfortunate changes due to  unspecified problems is forcing my family to move temporarily back to NJ. I am torn right now because my karate, friends, basically life is here in NH. As I was saying, some change can be bad and sad. Hopefully, we will be able to return to NH once things are turned around again. The thing I find worst is that my Dad is not going to be working out of the house anymore. He teaches me everything, and I don't know how I am going to manage without him. I love you Dad. Thanks for a wonderful year. You have taught me so much.
Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment