Tuesday, January 29, 2013

February

Ah, February. The second month of the year begins soon... and STILL NO END OF THE WORLD! HAHA MAYANS! February has 2 good holidays in it, though you might not celebrate one as it is only in my family. With February comes Valentines day, and on the 23rd of February comes my Dad's Birthday! Can you believe he is going to be 47 this year? This year, Dad says he wants to make healthy changes in his lifestyle. He is already well on the way and has lost 23 lbs since Thanksgiving. 

Valentines Day, while NOT my favorite holiday, is very nice. I always like picking out valentines for everyone. Sometimes, me and Ashleigh get little boxes of chocolate from Dad. I was reading a cooking magazine the other day, and a national poll showed that Caramel Chocolates were the most popular Valentines Day candy. The least popular were Cherry Cordials, which I think are the most delicious out of them all.

All my family does for Valentine's Day is give each other valentines and maybe a box of chocolate. Other than that, we just sit at home and enjoy a day off from work! If there isn't any snow down on Valentine's Day, maybe Dad can take me and Ashleigh to the park.
NOT MY CAKE! NO COPYRIGHT INTENDED.
For Dad's birthday, I am baking him a cake. I would tell you what I am getting him as a gift, but he reads my blog and would see. I am going to bake a half chocolate, half vanilla cake and decorate it to look like a yin-yan. Since Dad does karate, it is a perfect cake. The chocolate frosting will go on the vanilla side, and the vanilla frosting will go on the chocolate side. 

I will post a picture of my own cake when I bake it at the end of the month. 

Later,
Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment