Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My Usual Schoolwork For The Day

Today, I wanted to put up my normal day of schoolwork and what it teaches me. Everyday, I have to do this:


  • 3 IXL partially done math problems
  • 1 college history course
  • My writing for Maddie's Think A Thought
  • My geography (Around the World in 80 Days)
  • Biology (Absolute Animal, OCCASIONALLY)
I might as well start off with math. Each day, I do a different topic in mathwork that will help me when I take the state test next year. I have been working on Fractions, Algebra, Percentages, and Decimals mostly this year. I am currently working in 6th Grade Math on IXL.com. Every year, I try to complete a grade level. Next year, I hope to start on 7th grade work. I have about 55% of the work from grade 6 done already, so I think I will start 7th next year.

Dad gets college lectures on tape from a company called The Great Courses. It teaches me mostly history. I have watched about 4 series of different history courses. I am currently working on Ancient and Medieval History. It is my favorite course out of all I have done. I like ANYTHING that talks about the Witch Trials. The witch trials are my favorite part of history because I like to hear what the supposed "witches" did.
For my writing lesson, I blog! So basically, what you are reading right now is my writing lesson. Blogging is my absolute, number one favorite thing to do. I love being able to write about almost anything! I only have to meet my minimum of 5 paragraphs of 5 sentences each. 

I also do geography. I call my blog for geography Around the World in 80 Days. After reading the book of the same name, Dad gave me an 80-day assignment. Every day, I have to travel around 1000 miles to a new place, and then tell about what I do and give some facts about where I am at.

Finally, I do a blog for biology called Absolute Animals. I write 5 paragraphs containing important info about the animal, such as what it eats, mating season, it's habitat, etc. I am least fond of the animal blog. I have covered many animals, and it gets boring after awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment