Monday, November 26, 2012

Hurricane Sandy Leaves My Church Organ in Ruins.... PLEASE HELP!!!!!



Before I get into my normal blog, I just wanted to say sorry to all my readers that I have not blogged in a while. I was in NJ for Thanksgiving, and it's probably the only time I ever get a break from work. ( By the way, HAPPY LATE THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! )

Ok, what I am blogging about today is very serious. When Hurricane Sandy hit in NH, it ruined my church's organ! The organ was probably one of my favorite things about going to church. The organ's motor sucks in air from the outside, and when the hurricane hit, it sucked in too much water. The first week, the organ was fine, but the second week, it crashed and wouldn't play correctly. 

The church found out that most of it's parts had rotted (as the organ has been around since the 1930's) and needed to be replaced. This includes all 600 pipes. The church has started a fund so that people can donate money for the organ, but even so, it is likely we won't have enough money for the repairs for at least another year.

If you would like to support my church and donate to save the organ, I would be very thankful and I am sure that the other people who go to my church would be too. If you donate, thank you very much in advance! 

PRICES OF PIPES AND MAILING INFO:
1' Pipe- $5
2' Pipe- $10
4' Pipe- $20
8' Pipe- $50
16' Pipe- $100
Facade Pipe- $500    (FACADE PIPES ARE THE TALL GOLD PIPES THAT ARE VISIBLE.)
Rank of Pipes- $1000   (FULL SET OF PIPES.)

Please send your donations to:
St. Patrick Church
87 Main St.
Jaffrey, NH 03458

*Checks should be made payable to: St. Patrick Church


Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment