Monday, February 2, 2015

Super Bowl

As I'm sure most people know, the Super Bowl went off yesterday. I think I am the only one of my friends who A) wasn't watching it B) didn't know who was playing and C) didn't really care anyway. Literally all my friends were flipping out about the Super Bowl and the game, and half-time, and two of my friends actually posted statuses whining about NOT being able to watch it. I see no appeal to it at all, and I think that it's over-hyped every year no matter WHO is playing.

At the end of the day, football is a business. The players on your favorite teams are just doing work, earning millions of dollars to carry around a ball. And everyone cheers them on... for doing their work. Seriously. It's like cheering on the hot dog vendor outside the stadium before the game. "YOU GO, HOTDOG MAN- KEEP DOING YOUR JOB!" That's essentially what you are doing when you cheer on football teams- whether at the stadium or from behind a TV screen.

What is your opinion on the SuperBowl? Comment below... unless you are my Dad. I asked you yesterday, and I got the answer: "If I had a choice between doing nothing or watching the SuperBowl, I'd do nothing."

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment