Tuesday, February 17, 2015

iHeart Radio

A few days ago, my Dad had me install a radio app for him on his iPad. I installed iHeart radio, since it was the first one that came up in the search results, and then quickly set up some classic rock stations for him. I have always disregarded radio apps because... why bother? I have a regular radio, so why would I need an app taking up even more storage space on my iPod? Well, after seeing how the app operates, I think I AM going to download it the next time I can access my iPod because it actually works very well. You don't get any advertisements off of stations you create yourself, you can connect to ANY radio station that is featured by the app no matter where your location, and it's free.

You DO have to create an account to save stations, or you can use your facebook account. It does not post publicly without your permission and does not show up on your public profile. I recommend it to anyone who likes music- you can tell it what bands, songs and genres you like and it will give you an ecclectic mix of songs based off your choices and the style of music you seem to like. Both Dad and I are pleased with the app's performance (it also doesn't take much room up on your device AND it doesn't drain battery).

If you get the app, let me know how you like it in the comments!

Maddie

1 comment: