Friday, November 21, 2014

Second Degree Black Belt Testing

A picture from our last test. I LOOKED LIKE CRAP!
I am so nervous right now because tomorrow... I am testing for my second degree black belt! I know I've worked hard to come as far as I am right now, and I know I wouldn't be testing if my teachers didn't think I could handle it, but my nerves are getting the better of me. I have done this before, and I know that physically I CAN, so it's just a mental barrier. It's also the first test I am doing without my Dad there either watching or testing with me. Dad tests on Sunday- so for ONE DAY I get to be a higher rank than him. Naturally, family and friends are allowed to come and watch you graduate to your next belt, but no one is allowed to watch the black belt test unless they are black belt or above.

I am on a kid test- 18 and under. There are 9 others testing besides myself- and I only know two of them. My dad is on a test with 18 people on Sunday who are all adults. One of my friends is also testing for her first rank on that test. I want to take a moment and say good luck/congratulations to everyone who is testing- whether for their black belt OR their sensei title. Also, thank you Dad for pushing me this far and encouraging me to keep going and strive for great goals. I love you and I know you'll do great on your test, even with your knee the way it is.

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment