Friday, November 7, 2014

Food

Today, I went to go grocery shopping with my Grandma. We hadn't gone to our local Market Basket in awhile, so we had to do a pretty big shop. After getting meat, dairy, vegetables and some sanitary needs, we went to checkout- and the bill was over $200! Food prices (especially produce) have been going up lately due to droughts- but $200 is ridiculous. Despite the crazy prices, it was good to get out alone with Grandma and have a good heart-to-heart with her.

Coming out of the store, we noticed a shoe store next door was having a 50% off sale. However, we had a trunk full of groceries and since we didn't want them to spoil, we decided to go back after we had dropped off our groceries. Probably a good idea, especially since we hadn't had lunch or fed my sister and Dad- me and Grandma can get "iffy" if we don't eat often. We still haven't left to go shoe shopping- but soon. I have some money saved up and I want a new pair of shoes. I'll post a picture if I end up getting any :)

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment