Tuesday, November 18, 2014

How a Dog's Allegiance Changes in the Blink of an Eye

I find my dog to be a prime source of entertainment. The way he behaves is usually funny and keeps me laughing... but he isn't a normal loyal dog. I could have played with him all day, but come dinnertime, if someone offers him a CRUMB of food, he automatically forgets me and goes to whoever is feeding him. I'm convinced that if someone broke into our house to murder my family and I, the only thing they'd have to do to get past Lucky is give him food. And not even anything nice- they could probably pick up a piece of his poop from the yard and he'd accept it.

I think almost every dog would do this too- not just Lucky. You could play with them and give them all manner of attention and they would abandon you for a stranger with a piece of hotdog to give them. We would never abandon our dogs for anything, yet they so willingly get fooled. Really, that's all it is- their brains, which have the capacity of a 2 year old's (or if your dog is anything like mine, probably LESS) don't know the difference between friend or foe if the "foe" is wiser and can outsmart them.

Ah well, those are just my thoughts. Do you have dogs? What are they like? Leave me a comment below and let me know! :)

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment