Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Poetry

Sometimes life gets me to wonder
What's the meaning for carrying on?
Is there a reason we all are here,
or is life just a never ending song?

I look around me and see the sun
The clouds, so fluffy and white
The trees that stand so tall,
And the stars that shine at night

So perhaps beauty is the meaning
But no, that couldn't be
Because if that were the case,
There wouldn't be so much bad to see

I laugh at funny jokes
And see the smile on my friends' face
And so I think that happiness
Is the meaning of the human race

But no, that can't be it...
For depression still exists
Standing in the pathway
To pure and utter bliss

So what is life's meaning?
There has to be one
We can't just live for nothing...
That wouldn't be fun

Nor would it be fair
There has to be a purpose
Some reason to keep breathing
Some reason to preserve us.

No comments:

Post a Comment