Monday, September 7, 2015

Poetry

no don't try
to tell me about my past
i forgot it for a reason
didn't want that shit to last

i dont want to
see the look on her face
the moments after
i was brought into the human race

i don't wanna hear her voice
or be reminded of her eyes
the only representation
is that of all the lies

the lies that formed my childhood
ripped away my youth
to go back to that hell
would be so uncouth

i erased it from my mind
i don't wanna rewind
i killed my past
maybe i move too fast

but ah well its gone
and it ain't coming back
i made sure of that
i'm gonna stay on track


1 comment:

  1. I think you are making a mistake here Maddie. It is okay to remember Mommy. Remember her for the good things and try to move past her illness. I know it is difficult to look past her addiction and mental issues, but I still believe Mommy deserves better than to be forgotten.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete