Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Poetry

Go ahead and cut me loose
Shoot the gun and tie the noose
Just like everybody else
Who doesn't want me to be myself
You like the sugar, you like the sweet,
But never accept the bitter treat,
The bite I give when I am mad,
The tears I cry when I am sad.
I take in yours, and heal your pain,
While every day, mine stays the same
If you can't take it, sorry, bye
Don't waste your time, I won't waste mine
Go on out, just walk away,
But you won't be coming back to stay
Apologies fall hard and dry,
Actions must speak, not words this time
But since life is your grand masquerade,
To leave it, I won't be ashamed
I live my life behind my own mask,
To wear the one of another is not my task
So have fun in your parade of fears,
I hope you hold on for many years
May fate never change your heart again
Now goodbye for good, my dearest friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment