Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Poetry

Mistakes, mistakes
Don't believe the devil's lie
That addiction is the cause
Of all the tears I cry

Poison, poison
Yes child, you won't remember
Your mind will become numb...
And all your thoughts, it will render

Forget, forget
You say that's all you truly need
But it will destroy you, and your denial
You know, yet still proceed

Don't... please don't
I've seen my angel fall...
You aren't quite at the cliff yet;
In fact, you're still clawing at the wall

Please don't try to drown yourself
In selfish, childish ways
You say that it will save you
But with death, there are no delays

Perhaps it will prolong your life
Keep you away from the glaring knife
But darling, life waits for no one
By doing this, you speed it up some

It's a precious gift
Don't toss it away
But then again
Who am I to say

Do what you want
I guess it's your choice
But don't try to silence me
It's my damned voice

I disagree
She was set free
I witnessed that
That's enough for me

Not again
I won't take it
Not again...
And please don't fake it

I think I'll leave
Because how you perceive
Is so far gone...
I think I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment